Monday, November 30, 2009

10 Fantastic Living Rooms with Cozy and Romantic Fireplaces

Now that everyone is absolutely stuffed from Thanksgiving
and recovering from Black Friday shopping for those who
were courageous (or wreckless) enough to give up sleep and
brave the crowds, we are now firmly into the countdown for
Christmas.

I always think of cozy and rustic rooms in the dead of winter
when I think of Christmas. Most of all, I wish I had a real -
honest to goodness working fireplace. Fireplaces provide
warmth and can really transform any room to feel more cozy
and romantic. Isn't the above rustic room with a stove
fireplace so cool?

This is a very modern and posh living room with a wood
burning fireplace. Love the tufted gray ottoman.

I used to sleep over at my friend's house during the winter
and we would go buy a Duraflame log to light in her living
room fire place. We would make hot apple cider spiked with
whole Cinnamon sticks and rum (yes we were underaged but
we spiked it for flavour and not for getting smashed.) The
best part was watching a movie an then breaking out cots
and sleeping bags to fall asleep right in front of the fire.

Very few things can replace the ambiance that
candles and the glow of fire from a fireplace can give.
It's a good thing that starting a fire in the fireplace is
not very expensive.




Even if you're alone, starting a fire just for yourself
and curling up with a book in a comfortable chair is
one of those little luxuries in life. Don't forget the
tea or hot cocoa!

I'm a sucker for the Union Jack and a pretty plaid pattern.

Building a fire is also great for the holidays.
Enjoy the season while you can build a fire.


Kindle - Global Edition $259

On a separate topic, I'm beginning to contemplate Christmas
presents. I'm considering the Global edition of the Kindle.
I have a friend who travels a lot and she adores it. The last
trip I took, I realized that it was ridiculous for me to be toting
4-5 books around by my return trip home. The only thing is
that when I'm at home, I still love real books - I love the feel of
them. This looks like a pretty good gift - I only wish the Kindle
books were a bit cheaper (you'd think that with no printing -
they could afford to sell the books for less than $10 a pop.)
Do any of you own a Kindle? What are your thoughts on it?


Photos from Ideal Home