Thursday, November 4, 2010

Living Room Designs and Sofa Picks by Miles REdd

  Miles Redd is a New York City based designer who is one of the top designers 
of the contemporary era in myhumble opinion.  I'd have him pick out my sofa, 
color and fabric to cover the sofa any day.  This is exactly what this post about, 
a look at living space that Miles Redd has designed and with a focus on the
sofa designs he has used.  This red tufted corner sofa sits in Miles Redd's own
living space.

 Many of you know that I love tufted furniture so I am totally gaga over this sofa.

 His sofas are usually covered in soft velvet or other fabrics that are 
luxurious and soft.  The sofas look super comfortable in addition
to looking pretty.  That's the issue for me - I see a lot of sofas that
are pretty but aren't always what one would consider to be "super"
comfortable.  The sofas that Miles Redd uses in his living room 
designs somehow fulfill all aspects of function, aesthetics and
comfort.


Here's another couch I would Love!  The tufted couch looks very
comfortable and soft.  Looks like the perfect place to lounge and 
watch tv from.

 


You can see that Miles Redd also favors tufted sofas and chairs.
The tufted chairs above in this Miami condo look very comfortable.


I love that he painted this entire room in high gloss paint.






 This is one porch where I could totally curl up on the couch
and read or nap.  The sofa looks like it's filled feathers. 

Which sofa or living room is your favorite and why?

Photos from New York Social Diary and Miles Redd website.