Friday, March 18, 2011

What to title this post?

Hmmm.  I wanted to title this post "My New Zebra Rug."

My husband suggested "How to Introduce New Items for the House to Your Husband."


I swear, it was a total coincidence that this rug arrived yesterday when I had already planned to make a nice St. Patty's day dinner and open up a bottle of wine. And while my dear husband often goes upstairs to the bedroom to change out of his suit before dinner, last night he didn't go up until after dinner and the aforementioned bottle of wine. Again, total coincidence. He was in a happy mood, and so I think the zebra rug got a little bit of a warmer welcome.  (Thanks, honey!)

Anyway, if you read my Elegant Zebra post  ... you know I've been wanting a zebra rug for our bedroom for some time. When I saw this rug on Joss & Main last week and it was over half off what similar rugs I've seen retail for ... I just had to pull the trigger. (That's the thing about those sites ... you snooze you lose!) Oh, and perhaps I forgot to mention it to my husband. Oops.  I kinda knew that seeing it in person would be better that just the idea of a zebra rug coming in the mail.

Eventually we may move it over by the fireplace to anchor a little seating area over there, but for now I like how it fills in the big empty space between our bed and dresser.  And it's soooo soft. I just have to figure out how to get the creases out. I wish they had sent it rolled up versus folded up in a box.  I'm going to give it a little time to see if they come out on their own as we walk on it and it gets to "breathe."

The best thing, it totally made me swoon when I sat up in bed this morning! That's what all new purchases should do, don't you think?

Have a great weekend!