Monday, February 7, 2011

Swoonworthy Color Combo

Do you watch Sarah's House on HGTV?  I absolutely love the "country house" she did for Season Three.  Ever since I saw the bathroom and kitchen of that house I have been loving yellow and gray together ...




The fabric on those bathroom curtains makes me swoon (and that tub ain't so bad either) ... here's a closer look:



I really want to use this color combo in my house. I'm thinking of my dining room.

The fabric looks a lot like a wallpaper swatch I ordered a while back from Walnut Wallpaper:


Anthropologie has another version:





There are also more modern ways to use the color combo. West Elm has some great bathroom goodies using  bright yellow and charcoal gray.






And Dwell Studio has a great selection of yellow and gray fabric, pillows and rugs.








Even better, their line at Target is cheap and chic!



How about this rug from Ikea?


Adding in some black accents is another option ... how dreamy is this room ?



Via Chicago Home + Garden

Some of the pillows I mentioned in yesterday's post would go nicely too.

Throw in some artwork ...


From Bird Babble on Etsy


From Nature Mandalas on Etsy

From Apple Blossom Print on Etsy 


And some accessories ...



Baskets from Furbish Studio


Vase from ZGallerie


From MexChic on Etsy




Swoon!