Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Wednesday Wish List - Chandeliers

As satisfying as it is to complete a project or get something new for your home, I think it's also fun to have a wish list. It's kind of like planning for a vacation to a city you've never been before ... flipping through magazines and catalogs, doing a little research and daydreaming.

My wish list includes a new chandelier over my kitchen table.

While I do like some of the lighting choices our builder made, others ... not so much.



There's nothing really wrong with it. I just want something more ... interesting. I've been inspired by these photos.






I've tried to spruce it up by having this painted on the ceiling above it ...



If money were no object, (and we didn't need to completely rip out and redo our front bluestone steps this spring ... another story) I'd love to get this:



Restoration Hardware 6 Arm Wine Barrel Chandelier $2595

This one is pretty swoonworthy too ...

Restoration Hardware Foucaukt Iron Orb $850


I also like this one ...


Restoration Hardware Parisian 6 Arm Chandelier $895

Shades of Light has one with a similar feel that's slightly less expensive ...


Provence Crown and Tassel Chandelier $698

I love the light creamy color of them both and all the little details give them the interest I am looking for.

This next one has a more casual feel ... but that might be nice for a kitchen. I love the rustic texture and that it's modeled after an old wine barrel.

Shades of Light Wine Barrel Lantern $998

Then I saw this one from Wisteria ...




It's simple, French, and elegant ... and the price ... (swoon!)


What do you think? What's on your wish list?