Thursday, June 30, 2011

Small treasures

So, as promised, I've got pictures of the things I purchased last weekend at the Randolph Street Market ... and they were each under $25!   Truth be told, that's one of my favorite things about this market ... the little things I sometimes come across that just make me smile. The big pieces of furniture or mirrors aren't hard to spot. But the true treasure hunt begins when you stop at a table filled with items and take the time to look and find that one special little thing you just have to have.

My first find was this wonderfully weathered, hand-carved corbel ...

(That's Kyle all dressed for the pool but willing to be my blog assistant before we headed out.)

I like to imagine what old building it came from ... and where its siblings are currently residing.



For us, it will reside on a wall in the kitchen as a little shelf.



We haven't hung it yet, but Kyle wanted you to get the idea.

The cost? $25.

I recently saw another great use for something like this, if you were ever able to snag a bunch of them. This is especially great if you have a rather uninteresting kitchen island that you'd like to spruce up. Like this one.



And this is what Kristen of k.f.d. designs helped transform it into.






Don't you love it? You can read more about the transformation here.


I also couldn't pass up this beautiful hand-painted box.



The colors, the pattern ... they just made me swoon. I wonder what has been kept inside over the years.  A pearl necklace?  Love letters?

The cost? $16


I also picked up two of these antlers. One for me, and one for a client.



They are kinda like this one from Restoration Hardware ... 


that costs ... ahem ... $129.

(I actually like mine better.)



(And it only cost $15.)

Hope everyone has a Fun, Fabulous Fourth with Family and Friends.  I'll be back next week!