Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day Weekend Shopping ...

Hope all my fellow Mom's had a fabulous Mother's Day! I couldn't ask for a better one.  My boys treated me well!



After Friday's post on my love of trays, I saw this beautiful picture on Honey We're Home and thought it was so perfect. Now I'm on the hunt for an old crate that can be turned into a tray.



I spent Saturday with my own "mommy" and sister, a tradition we began a few years ago, shopping our favorite little shops along Third Street in Geneva.  Let me tell you, it is an interior decorator's dream!  One year our car was so full of bags I could barely squeeze in the backseat!



Now, we've learned our lesson and make sure to bring a big ol SUV! This year there weren't as many large purchases, size-wise ... but we managed to do pretty well ...


I snapped a bunch of shots with my iphone along the way of some things here and there that I found rather swoon worthy ... although going back through the pictures now I see that there are more things I wish I had taken pictures of. Oh well ... I guess that's what happens when you're having fun ... (and drinking Prosecco at lunch!)

How incredible is this coffee table made from a vintage drum?


Industrial chic chandelier, I want you.

Lovely chair, lovely fabric, lovely pillow ... love!

You know how I love birds ....

Everything about this wall is swoon worthy ... the mirror, the lamps, the antlers, the vintage prints .... I want you all to come home with me.

A charming old window pane turned chalkboard.


Numbers, and signs and birdhouses, oh my!

Speaking of birdhouses, how fantastic are these ... they are made from old books.

And my mom and I each bought one.

Love these rustic baskets which are actually modeled after vintage French beehives.


And these basket lamps are just so fun for a breakfast nook ...

Hope you all enjoyed yourselves too.  I'm always kind of sad when Mother's Day comes to an end. It's nice to be Queen for Day and my royal subjects are pretty great.