Friday, May 6, 2011

Tray Chic

I love trays and find them hard to pass up ... they are so useful and a great way to create little vignettes around the house.  A group of objects sitting on a table can look kind of random, but put them all on a tray and voila ... you've got an interesting tablescape.

Ottoman tableaux
via Houzz



Living Room modern living room



SoHo Loft eclectic family room


Organized collecting contemporary living room


Living Room modern living room


I'm always on the lookout for brightly colored trays for that little pop they can bring to a room ...

Janell Beals traditional living room
Isabella and Max Rooms



Michelles Master Bedroom. eclectic bedroom
Abbe Fenimore - Studio Ten 25 contemporary living room



I like to keep a tray on both my kitchen and dining room tables and change out what's on them ... fresh flowers, a bowl of fruit, candles, a stack of decorative dishes, vintage tins, or seasonal items. The tables just seem bare with out them.



This tray and its contents always seem to brighten up a dark table ...



Of course, a tray on an ottoman is nothng new  ... everyone needs a place to set their drinks.  But with little kids, I'm still a little nervous to keep too much else on the tray for daily life ... so I found a pretty tray that looks great even when empty.




Here are a few other favorite trays I've spotted lately ...

Bold colors paired with a rustic element ... these are between 70 and 80 years old and no two are alike:
Wisteria



These simple lacquer trays can work well with almost any style of decor ... just pick your color.
 
West Elm

Faux croc ad nailhead trim ... I love the little details on this one.

ZGallerie

Furbish Studio

Etsy


Of course, the BEST tray is one that contains breakfast in bed.  I'm hoping for some on Sunday morning and a little source tells me it might be in my future. (Don't you love how kids just cannot bear to keep a secret?)
What kind of pretty tray would you like your breakfast served on?
Happy Mother's Day to all of the amazing moms out there and most importantly, my own ... I love you Mom!

image via Simple Bites