Friday, May 27, 2011

Starting the weekend early ...

Please excuse my lack of a substantial post. I am attempting to get to bed early to fight this cold I have and keep it from ruining my weekend! Well, it won't ruin my weekend, because it's my birthday and Memorial Day all rolled up into one ... but I want to feel good for it! And we are off to a good start  ... my seven year old, who has just been dying to lose his first tooth, ("I'm the only one in my class who hasn't lost one, Mom") came out of bed shouting "Mom! Mom! My tooth fell out! My tooth fell out!" at a little before 9 pm. Well, the excitement was just too much ... we were up taking pictures, videos (he wanted to reenact how it happened and then show me what he is going to do when he wakes up in the morning.) I am so happy for him.  He has been wanting this so bad. He did not want to finish first grade without losing at least one. Still not sure what the going rate for the Tooth Fairy is these days. I think she may be a little more generous for someone who's waited so long, right?

Anyway, looking forward to some warm weather, a date night with my dear hubby,  maybe a little pool time, an excursion into the city and a party at my parents'  house.  Mom, I know you're planning something like this, right?

Elements of Style

Just a small intimate gathering?  Maybe whip up a little something like this?

Style Me Pretty
(Seriously, my parents could almost pull off something like the party above. They've got a beautiful deep yard with a waterfall and koi pond. That's where we'll be on Monday. )

Hope everyone has a great long weekend! Let summer begin!