Monday, May 11, 2009

Nursery and Baby Room Inspirations

I recently had a request from a reader to do a post on
nurseries. Having recently attended 2 baby showers,
I thought it was quite fitting.

I really am taken with the nursery above because of the
unorthodox approach to the color and scheme of this
nursery. I've never seen a nursery have a black wall
before. Somehow, with the yellow stripes on the ceiling,
tempered by white and some black over the rest of the
room - this is one tres chic nursery. I also love texture,
so the sheepskin rugs on the floor also had me sold.

The scheme for this room looks like more like a traditional
nursery. The color palette is very pleasing to the eye and
the yellow giraffe and hot pink carpet tile rug really give it
a nice pop. What a fun butterfly roman shade! I also love
how spacious it is in the center of the floor for a play area.

If you love French style, here's a great inspiration for a
nursery with a French Bergere chair, chandelier and cute
teddy bears.

Perhaps you're up for a more exotic motif. The
nursery above is super fun with hints of Moroccan
and Chinese designs with a modern twist. I love the
low twin bed to the side.

Perhaps vivid colors would catch your eye instead.
Here's a modern take on fun and colorful shapes on
the walls.

This nursery was designed by Bella Designs. Super
cute paint motifs really give this room some flair.

I love the polk-a-dots and the stripes.

Here's something a bit more subdued
and more traditional in style.

Blues, whites and greens are always easy on
the eyes. The built-ins are just gorgeous.

This room has tons of storage. The way it is decorated,
it can easily grow with the child and change as the child
becomes older.

Wall murals can be very fun in nurseries as well.

Isn't this such a fun room? Zebra prints, vivid greens
and browns with stuffed animals. I love the green piping
on the chair - it really goes with the paint job in the room.

Since I'm not a very tall person, that stuffed giraffe
is probably as big as I am. What fun! The green and
turquoise rug is also lovely.

Stenciling and wall silhouettes can be a
great way to decorate any nursery.

If you live in an older home like a Victorian or
European styled home, here's an idea for one
sophisticated nursery!

Toile anyone? The toile reminds me of the English countryside.
Although, I've never seen toile in lilac, I do love the color. For
myself, I'd probably have used slightly less toile as it can become
very busy to the eyes.

Babyspace Idea Book
by Taunton


Taunton always has great books for tons
of ideas on almost every room. I love how
their books are filled with images and tips
on creative ideas.

The Peaceful Nursery: Preparing a
Home for your Baby with Feng Shui


Feng Shui has been used for thousands of
years in China and is still used by many
people today. The philosophy really applies
to making sure your environment is as positive
as possible for the person living in the space.

Nursery Style

And if you're looking for some beautiful
inspirations for nurseries in general, here's
a great book with cute designs.

Photos from Domino & Bella Seven Design