Thursday, December 16, 2010

Givit


I am under the impression there are many, many people reading my blog on a day-to-day basis. I sometimes wonder why you read my blog. I ramble on about things I am creating for my shop and my clients and I talk very fondly about my family and the importance I place on creating a home. I talk about the things I love and I try to keep this place very happy and positive.

Over the years, I have thought about doing advertising here and donating all the proceeds to a charity but I really don't like the look of adveristing on blogs. It's just not my thing. I have also tried to think of ways I can help others through my blog. So I am really hoping that this post will help others. Here goes...

I recently met the founder of a Brisbane charity called Givit and what an inspiration she is. Givit connects people that have with people that need. Givit has a list on their website of all the things people around Brisbane are needing and if you have it or want to donate it then all you have to do is fill out the form on the website and give. I just checked out the list and today there is a teenage single mother who is fleeing domestic violence. She needs some bedding for a single bed, a cot with bedding and some general household goods. It's so easy to help. Just CLICK HERE NOW and you can see the list of things in need. The list changes constantly so keep checking back or you can just give anything to their virtual warehouse.

At the moment Givit is available only in Brisbane however, I believe they are just about to go national so everyone around Australia will soon be able to give as well. I will keep you informed about this.

I am going to give to Givit this week and I really, really hope you will too....




xx
Anna