Thursday, January 20, 2011

Rustic Log Cabin Inspiraiton from Dunton Hot Springs Colorado


I absolutely love hot springs and what could be better than sitting in a 
hot spring in a natural setting among mountains and birch trees.

in a fully restored ghost town... How awesome is this cabin
complete with a hot spring inside!


If only it didn't cost an arm and a leg... But one can dream.


The interiors to the cabins and buildings offer fantastic rustic inspiration.  
Makes me seriously want to build a little log cabin that I can escape to
myself.  I love this modern interpretation of a log cabin - complete
with all the modern comforts.  The room is spacious and manages to 
be cozy at the same time.


Dunton Hot Springs is an old Western ghost town that has been restored
absolutely gorgeously near Telluride, Colorado.  It has several cabins
offered to guests as well as having bonafide hot springs to soak in.  
Among the cabins is the two story houses that can be rented out by
groups and family.

This cabin has its own outdoor hot spring to soak in.

If you have kids, the Indian teepee is very cool.  

This is the bath house.  A farmhouse with a lot of glass windows.
It's absolutely fantastic.


Care for a calming and relaxing soak with a beautiful view?

Fall in many places often offers some of the most gorgeous views around.

Especially with autumn with birch trees...


Here's a cute cabin with a rocker outside.


Dunton Hot Springs like a white winter wonderland.


This is a picture that just belongs in a frame on the wall.

Can I build one of these in my backyard?


The deck really gives this cabin character and a place to relax outside.

I wonder if it's warm enough to stay in the teepee overnight.




More rustic decor inspiration.


Super cozy log cabin room.


Rustic = Stone, Wood and Leather


Don't forget the native American designs and patterns.



I really love the ambience of this room.



 If you like and enjoy rustic spaces like I do, check out the
book above for some great inspirations from personal 
log homes and hotels.  I just received it today and it has
some really gorgeous log homes and spaces in it.