Saturday, February 6, 2010

A Tidy Up



We have a little sun room off our bedroom which, since we have been living here, I have used as a dressing room. Although I try to keep this room tidy, it always ends up looking like a bomb has hit it by the end of the week.

I was prompted to have a big clean up recently when Harry came into my dressing room one morning as I was getting ready for work and just shook his head in disbelief at the mess I had got myself into. I had shoes, bags, clothes and jewellery sprawled across the entire room. It started to occur to me that when a 7 year old boy thinks it's bad, then it must be bad!

After a few intense hours of tidying and sorting, it was so nice to see the top of the built-in drawers again. To celebrate my clean-up I purchased some fresh flowers, arranged them in an old crystal vase my grandmother gave me and placed them on the drawers with some magazines and other little bits. I also decided to bring home an Antique still life oil painting which has been in the shop for well over 6 months. Nobody else wanted it and I loved it from the moment I found it, so home it came. It really is amazing how great a tidy up can make you feel. Hopefully I will be able to keep it this way...well at least until next weekend.