Friday, February 25, 2011

I'm hooked ...

I was flipping through the latest Anthropologie catalog the other day and something about these hooks made me smile.


My first thought was that they'd be super cute above a fireplace in a lower level family room or rec room ... especially if the wall was painted a deep brown color. You could do kind of a whimsical, family friendly version of this:


image from Restoration Hardware

They'd also be great lined up on a wall of a mudroom ... the perfect place to hang light jackets or (empty!) backpacks.

Then I saw this picture of Sheryl Crow's bedroom in Architectural Digest ...



Hmmm ... clustered over a bed, especially in kid's room, would be really fun.  Again, I like the contrast of the white against a really dark wall. Perhaps navy blue?

On a completely different note, do you have your DVR's set to tape Emily Henderson's new show, Secrets of a Stylist on HGTV Saturday night? (8 pm central time) I do! For obvious reasons, I love the idea of this show and I was so happy she won The Next Design Star. She shows people how to layer different styles in their home which is something I totally believe in.



 She also does a great job of finding really unique pieces from a variety of places to fit her clients personalities.  I love to watch her shop!
 

both images via HGTV

Even though I'm excited for the show, I'm even more excited to spend Saturday night with my dearest college friends ... so I'll be taping it and hopefully watching it on Sunday afternoon with a mug of hot chocolate ... or maybe a glass of vino!

Hope you all have a great weekend!