Sunday, November 28, 2010

Winter Exhibition Axel Vervoordt

Twice a year I am visiting the Castle of Axel Vervoordt. In Summer time for the Summer Exhibition and in Winter for the Winter Exhibition.

Yesterday my sister and I visited the Castle and Kanaal.

We started our visit at the Castle of ‘s Gravenwezel. The weather was fine, it was rather cold, but sunny!

 

4

Me at the entrance gate of the castle.

 

1

My sister walking in the garden.

 

2

Here and there we noticed some Christmas decoration.

As you can see here at the background, the green festoon at the gate.

 

7

And as this lovely but simple Christmas entrance fence! Very inspiring. It is not difficult at all to make one yourself!

 

3

I am so sorry I can’t show you pictures of the inside of the castle, because we are not allowed to take pictures.

But I can tell you that I discovered a lot of Wabi-influences inside the castle.

If you want to read more about the Wabi-inspirations of Axel Vervoordt, you can read my blogpost about it HERE.

 

Afterwords we went for a visit to ‘Kanaal’ in Wijnegem only a few kilometers from the castle. This is the place where a lot of activities (Art & Antiques, Home Collection, Interior design,..) are based.

 

9

The Kanaal is a former malting plant which consists of industrial warehouses and adjoining grain silos.

 

10 

8

The Column hall that houses the private collection art of Axel Vervoordt.

 

13

Home collection seats.

 

In the corridor of the warehouse, next to the entrance of the workshop, we noticed this beautiful huge chandelier ‘sac à perles’ hanging!

It immediately brings you into the right Christmas mood!

5 

11

The corridor of the warehouse.

 

For more information please visit the Axel Vervoordt website www.axel-vervoordt.com

 

6

I wish you all a wonderful Sunday!

xx

Signature