Monday, April 19, 2010

A Desert Retreat - Sharq Village & Spa in Doha, Qatar (Rooms & Scenery)


Many of you know that I love to draw inspiration from around the world.
I found this fabulour spa retreat called Shaq Village & Spa in Doha, Qatar -
not your every day sort of retreat.  I gotta tell you though, it's one of those
places where you know that you are in a whole different world.  I've always
loved Moorish  design which overlaps with Islamic architecture.  Above is a
very romantic bedroom with a desert and middle eastern flair.


Here's another room with a great balcony with a fabulous view.




Can you imagine gazing at a pink and orange sunset
like this? The sunsets must be absolutely gorgeous.






Some beautifully cultivated succulents in a courtyard.




A lounge area with a variety of exotic lamps and lanterns.


I just love the rich fabrics and tones used in this room.  Some
parts of Moorish design seems to overlap at times with the
Indian use of colors and intricate cut outs for windows.


The high ceilings of the buildings reminds me of a fort in the desert.
The scale of the place must be grand and like a city within a wall.
More photos to come of this place later in the week.

Do any of you share my love of Moorish design?

Photos from Kiwi Collection and Sharq Village & Spa