Monday, March 14, 2011

Birthday weekend

Whew!  What a weekend! Between a fab charity event, a bad cold, a case of laryngitis and my son's birthday ... I think I will be ready to call it a night by about 8 pm! But it was all worth it for this smile ...




So I don't have much to share on the interior decorating front ... but I thought I'd give you a quick glimpse of my sweet seven year old through the years ...




















He was SO excited about that basketball cake!
(If you're local ... we got it from Jennycakes!)

I could not be more proud of my little buddy.  Even though each birthday of his makes me want to put on the brakes and slow down time, I also love to see the qualities of the person he is becoming reveal themselves each day, week, month and year.  He never ceases to amaze me or make me laugh.

And because he is very interested in "mom's blog" (not so much the decorating part, but just the fact that I have blog about our house) I will take a moment to again say Happy Birthday Kyle! Here's to another great year! I love you!

 ***

I'll be back later this week with more decorating goodies!