Sunday, April 17, 2011

Château de Bouges

I lot of you my readers do know that I just love castles, in particular those built in the 18th century. This Château built “à l’italienne” under the reign of LXV, is a jewel!

Château de Bourges is located in the heart of the Berry region, the Loire Valley. It is classified as a monument historique and the gardens are listed by the Ministry of Culture as among the Notable Gardens of France. The château and gardens are open to the public.

I haven’t visited this castle yet, but I have definitely added it to my ‘must visit in France’ list.

 

1

Perfect symmetrie in architecture as in the garden landscaping.

 

2 English styled garden.

 

3One of the remarkable lime trees.

 

4 The flower garden.

 

11 Ancient conservatory.

 

5

 

6 North side of the castle.

 

7 ‘L’écurie’ where beautiful oak wood is used and where you can notice the names of the last stayed horses on the doors of the boxes.

 

8

The castle’s elegant architecture is matched by the outstanding furniture that was carefully selected by the last owners of the château.

Just beautiful! No much words needed!

9

10

For more information and opening hours of the Château de Bouges, go here.

I wish you a nice Sunday and please don’t forget the little girl Miabelle in your prayers.

xx

Signature

 

CHILD IN NEED

Miabelle Gillier

Click on logo or visit my blogpost about Miabelle HERE.

M-logo http://www.savemiabelle.org

 

All images of Château de Bourges : Maisons de Campagne n° 65 Juillet-Août 2010

Photo credit : D. Vorillon