Friday, April 22, 2011

Getting ready for Easter

So even though there was no semblance of spring outside today, I tried to create a little bit of springtime inside in preparation for the Easter brunch we are hosting on Sunday. 





(I love this vintage bunny ...)





Found these great paper flowers at Hobby Lobby ...


I also started setting the "adult" table ... (the kids table in the kitchen will have to wait until Sunday morning) For the adults, I wanted kind of a "rustic elegance." Simple yellow roses in one of my vintage blue ball jars,  (I added some of my favorite ribbon), wicker chargers ...



... embroidered napkins (Williams Sonoma), and my great-grandmothers' silver.


I got these napkin rings at Crate and Barrel a few years back and I just love bringing them out every spring.


I found these vintage rabbit plates at World Market ...



 love that each one is a little different ...
(I made the place tags with some "exotic egg" stickers I bought awhile ago)




And I couldn't resist some other fresh flowers ...



Shoot ... now I can't remember what these green beauties are called.


Love the color on these long stemmed calla lilies ...


On the menu? I'm making this Ham & Asparagus Strata, chicken sausages and pomegranate mimosas ...



and the rest of my lovely family is bringing homemade cinnamon buns, fresh fruit, a spinach salad and flourless chocolate cake. Yum!

Here's wishing you and your family a beautiful and delicious Easter as well.

Many blessings ...