Friday, April 8, 2011

This is where I want to be this weekend ...

Well ... considering that it might get into the 80's here this weekend, I will gladly choose to be outside. But if this were like any other rainy April weekend, I would love nothing more than to retreat to this room with a good book, a stack of magazines, my favorite pjs, my laptop and not much else.


It's aptly named The Hideaway, and it is designed by the super-talented Lauren Leiss of Pure Style Home for the Washington DC Design House.

Everything about this room makes me swoon.


Take these chairs ... called The Mad Hatter chairs, they are from Lauren's new furniture line.  I have been dreaming of a little space like this in front of my large living room window and have always thought it would be great to have a patterned fabric on the backs of the chairs that could be seen from the outside.

The drapery fabric is also from her new line.  Not only do I love the print, but also the name. Hapikat.
(Happy + ikat =Happikat ... get it?_

And how about that reading lamp? To. Die. For.
(I am officially on a new mission to find another one just like it.)

Not to mention the quirky yet somehow perfect assemblage of art on the walls.  I am desperately working on something like this for my own home and I will tell you that it is not easy!

Have I ever mentioned how much I love the color green? Well, I do, and I think this room shows how to incorporate the perfect dose of it.  (Another killer lamp.)


I also think a great way of bringing life to a space is with flora and fauna. In this case, she has managed to inject just a wink of humor with those green birds and these llama lamps hanging above the window seat. (The llamas are smiling.)



Speaking of the window seat ...


How badly do you want to take a nap there?

And the stacks of old books! I know I've mentioned how much I love old books.

I am also a big fan of woven wood blinds like the ones she used here. We have them in our family room and I think they are a great and easy way to add another natural element to a room.

I am also a total sucker for a whole mess of mismatched pillows and this combo is just my cup of tea.



If you want to learn more about Lauren and her resources for designing this room, be sure to check out her blog here.

In the meantime, have a great weekend.  Is a nap on your to-do list?
(Nope. Mine either.)