Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Wednesday Wish List - Jayson Home & Garden

Ahhhh ... there was a time when I actually had time to just pop in to Jayson Home & Garden just to walk around and drool over pretty much everything that crossed my path. It was always such a great source of inspiration for me.  The perfect mix of old and new, classic and unique.


via Cococozy
Nowadays, both time and distance make that a lot more difficult. When I received their Spring 2011 mailer just the other day it brought me back to the good ol' days. Their mailer alone had enough eye candy to create an extensive Wish List of "Maybe-Someday" or "If-I-Win-the-Lottery" items.

One of the very first pictures was of this chair.

 Penelope Chair

Check out that nailhead trim. (Swoon!) In fact, almost all of the chairs I fell in love with were graced with a lovely nailhead trim.


Greenwich Chair
How comfortable does this one look? You could literally sink into it for hours.

Morgan Chair


Rivington Chair


And then ... on page 21 .... (drumroll please ...)


Emma Feather Pendant

I know it is totally over the top, but I love it.  I would design a room around this. (Or I'd kinda love it in my bedroom.)

When I was done daydreaming my way through the mailer, I decided to take a little virtual walk through their store.  I was pleasantly surprised to find a link to their "Petite Flea Market."  What could be better?



There are so many swoon worthy things I hardly know where to begin.

This would be so lovely at the foot of a bed.
Vintage Chinoiserie trunk

Love the turquoise interior.




I'd like a couple of these for extra seating in my living room.

Vintage Brass Stool


An old Grandfather clock has always been on my wish list ... this one is so majestic and I love that it is light wood  instead of dark.




We play a lot of board and card games at our house. Another idea for my living room is a game table ... this one flanked by two comfy chairs in front of the window ... a fire in the fireplace ... mmmmm.
Vintage Lucite Game Table


How cool is this?
Vintage School Desk
If only ... this would be the centerpiece of my home office ... or Kyle and Braden could each have their own homework desk. (Hmmmm, how much homework would they get done sitting side by side?) 

And finally ... these made me swoon as soon as they popped up on screen.



Even one would be such a conversation piece on a fireplace mantel or sideboard table. A collection would be stunning ... especially if you were a talented musical/singing family. (We are not.)

By the way, if you go to their website and sign up for their newsletter, you can be entered to win a $1,000 shopping spree. (I already signed up.) Granted, that wouldn't cover much of my wish list ... but it's a start!
Ok ... back to reality.  What are some of your favorite stores to daydream about?